Monday 23 January 2012

It’s Farmhouse Breakfast Week – Shake Up Your Wake Up!


Spanish Tortilla

It’s Farmhouse Breakfast Week so Shake Up Your Wake Up! This campaign is all about showcasing the most important meal of the day to raise awareness of the health and nutritional benefits of breakfast.  The aim is to encourage consumers to enjoy a healthy balanced breakfast every day. 

Celebrating Farmhouse Breakfast Week is easy, there are events happening all across the country.  Why not visit your local Farmers’ Market, attend an open day at your local farm, or enjoy an all-day breakfast at your local café?

Farmhouse Breakfast Week provides a perfect opportunity to promote the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce on offer around the UK.  From butchers style bacon and sausages to speciality bread and cereals, there is a fantastic choice for everyone.

Breakfast is definitely my favourite meal of the day. On the weekend I always take time to prepare something delicious. This week I will set my alarm that little bit earlier and make the effort to fill my tummy before work.


Now then, I did cheat a little this morning (can anyone really get out of bed early on a Monday?), as I made this Spanish Tortilla yesterday. It was even tastier eating the left-overs and gave me the energy I needed to get through the usual Monday blues.
I used free-range oraganic eggs from TheGinger Pig and the potatoes are from a farm in Norfolk. 
Click here for my Spanish Tortilla recipe.
For more information on Farmhouse Breakfast Week click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment