Sunday 22 April 2012

Hello Fresh Vegetarian Box


Hello Fresh Vegetarian Box
Following my recent blog post about Hello Fresh, they contacted me to say they were now adding vegetarian options to their delivery service. The Vegetarian and I were delighted when they offered to send us a box to sample.

Last week was so hectic for me (moving house and busy working late) that I really did appreciate the Hello Fresh concept. It was a blessing to know that I had a delicious dinner waiting for me to put together at home – especially as each meal was hassle free and ready within 30 minutes. The six-step recipe was simple to follow, and each dish was full of fresh ingredients.

Roasted Aubergine, Peppers and Couscous

My favourite of the three was the baked aubergine with roasted Romano peppers and couscous. A squeeze of limejuice was added to the couscous at the end, bringing the flavours together.

Warm Mushroom Salad with Avocado and Croutons


I was also very impressed with the ripe avocado I received for the salad option as I have had a real trouble locating good avocados recently.
  
Wild Mushroom Risotto

I’m not a huge mushroom fan so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the wild mushroom risotto. I am happy to have discovered a liking for an ingredient that I wouldn’t usually buy.

Of course, the Vegetarian was over the moon: there were no meaty smells filling the house and he got to eat three very satisfying meals.

2 comments:

  1. the aubergine especially looks yummy! might have to try a veggie box next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three recipes look so good - especially the 'Warm Mushroom Salad with Avocado and Croutons'! Amazing!!!! And 30 minutes to prepare everything is prefect and so convenient! I will definitely try a box next week :)

    ReplyDelete